Borovets Ski Resort, Bulgaria
Borovets Ski Resort in a nutshell:
- More than 58km of marked ski runs and cross country tracks (longest ski run – 5,8km); altitude of the ski runs: 1350-2560m; main slopes exposure: North
- 2 chair lifts (high speed quads), 1 gondola lift (6 seats); 1 fixed grip quad chair lift, 10 drags and few baby drags;
- Mild winters with heavy snowfalls; the best snow record and the longest ski season (15 Dec – 15 May) of all Bulgarian ski resorts; snow cover on slopes normally exceeds 2m in winter
- Huge variety of accommodations – from cozy family-run hotels and holiday apartments to 4-star hotels
- Picturesque location in an age-old pine woods at the foots of the highest peak on the Balkan Peninsula – Musala (2925m a.s.l.) in Rila Mountains
- The closest ski resort to the capital Sofia; only 73km from Sofia airport (1,15 hrs by car) and 126km from Plovdiv (2,30hrs by car from Plovdiv Airport)
Borovets Skiing Facilities
- The excellent ski runs comply with the standards of FIS and are located in 3 main ski-centers – Sitnyakovo (1350-1780 m. a.s.l.), Yastrebets (1440-2369 m. a.s.l.) and Markudzhik (2100-2560 m. a.s.l.). They are situated at approximately 5 km distance away of the resort and are easily accessible by the Gondola and the chair lifts starting from Borovets.
- The total length of the pistes is about 58 km (some of them with safety net installations). The ski runs are serviced by a number of chair lifts and drag lifts, including the 6-man Gondola. The resort boasts a brand new snow making system, covering an area of above 20 hectares, lift passes ski school borovetsincluding ski runs “Yastrebets 3” and “Popangelov”. The snowmaking system in front of hotel Rila is working full-time during the ski season, as well, covering ski runs “Rila”, “Iglika”, “Martinovi Baraki 2” and “Martinovi Baraki 3”.
- The runs are sound-tracked and lit up by modern lighting systems, allowing for night skiing fun. Variety of many different inclines and types of snow offer the best opportunities for ski enthusiasts of all levels, from the absolute beginner to the extreme high performer. Some good off-piste riding is available but local knowledge is essential to avoid the hidden dangers.
SKI KINDERGARTEN & OFF SLOPE CHILD CARE
There is a ski kindergarten for the children aged 4 to 8 years. It works the whole day (08.30-16.30). Ski/Snowboard school tuition includes a special certificate issued after the end of the tuition. Nursery for children 1-4 years (08.00-15.00) is also available (incl. supervised activities, fun, games, special entertainment and lunch). Please, note that reservations are made only through your holiday representative on the spot.
The abundance of green runs and the availability of baby drags makes Borovets an excellent place for first-time skiers and snowboarders. With more than 200 instructors the ski-schools offer some of Bulgaria’s best services and the five ski depots offer the latest in ski and snowboard equipment.
Variety of blue and red runs (11 in total), suitable to intermediate skiers, make the resort a very good choice both for those committed to becoming experts, as well as for those who take up winter sports merely as a recreational activity. You are welcome to choose between wide runs just below Mount Musala and scenic trails through the woods. Do not forget to taste the longest downhill ski run in Bulgaria.
ADVANCED & OFF-PISTE
Experts are invited to try the black runs of Markudzhik 2 and 3. Borovets is one of the highest rideable areas in Europe with some well varied terrain. The best spots to head for are those above 2500m and the runs under the Gondola. For those who want to leave the ground there is plenty of natural hits and rollers.
BIATHLON & CROSS COUNTRY
35 km of cross country trails are designed according to the requirements of FIS (Federation Internationale de Ski), at minimum width of 6 m. The resort also offers biathlon facilities for training and competitions.
PRICES FOR SKI SERVICES IN BOROVETS
lift (ski) passes, ski packages, hire of ski and snowboard equipment, ski & snowboard schools
– All prices are in Euro per person
– Snowboard services are provided only to clients aged 12 and over.
– Ski school provided to children aged 7 and over
– Snowboard school starts to expire from the first day of ski pass validity if booked in a package
– 13 days packs are inclusive of 12 days ski and snowboard tuition
* All prices are Sunshine World Ltd’s own prices and we reserve the right to change them at any time